Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Stand.

Jackson County Animal Control has made a motion to amend the bond conditions and make it so that the defendants cannot attend the final auction.

Among other unfounded allegations, they state:

iii. At the third sale, it appeared that the horses being put up for auction were sedated just prior to the sale soon after Mr. Mercier and his buddies left the pen containing the horses.

As I was a witness to this alleged activity, I am testifying as to what I did and did not see at the bond hearing this week, as well as several of the other witnesses, who have never been "buddies" with the defendant, but like myself were concerned citizens and potential buyers.

Did you think we would all run and hide? I am stunned that JCAC would make this allegation to attempt to blame the pathetic condition of those weanlings on the defendant. They have accused ME, by association, of drugging young horses.

So now it is not enough to attempt to smear the public image of the defendants... they mean to make allegations against anyone who does not condone the seizure of these animals, and the poor care they have received in the hands of Jackson County Animal Control.

I will stand.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My affidavit is signed nad notarized and will be with Matt on Thursday. I think this is outrageous and before the 20th of October I had never met Matt. I find it quite funny that they are acused of intmidating buyers but I told Matt I wa thinking of buying one of the fillies and he was quite alright with it. I had asked him some questions nad he was happy to see that she would go to a good home. What a crock JCAC is!