Thursday, October 11, 2007

Matt's summary of second auction

I was there as well. I spent a good deal of time walking around and looking at all of the horses, not just the Turn 3 horses, and talking with several acquaintances from an MSN group I frequent. I saw both Matt and Jim from time to time, but I wasn't in charge of babysitting them. From what I did witness, Matt's summary is accurate.

Oct 6 Auction happenings

Posted by: Matt Mercier, Oct 8, 07 - 9:49 AM

Results of another auction.

AC brought 8 wormy looking horses with not so recently trimmed feet to Tom Moore's Sale in Onsted Saturday Oct 6th.

If my math is correct, they made $1000 after commission and consignment fees.

They sold an 8 year old gelding as "safe and quiet rideable". This gelding is a flipper that needed to sell long time ago, but I didn't want to take him to a sale cuz you couldn't ride him through and I knew he'd end up in a can, so I kept him and fed him.

They sold yearlings as 2 year olds.... Hope the new buyers don't try to start riding them!

Did NOT notify buyers of title. In fact ACO Machelle Dunlap got up and announced that they did in fact have clear title. They got served RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE with the lien and Notice of Lis Pendens!

We got harassed of course. AC called State Police and Lenawee County Sheriff in saying Jim was following them around and harassing them. Then it turned into Jim keyed AC's truck and another vehicle and they had 2 witnesses. NO ONE COULD or would produce these 2 witnesses. They are still "anonymous".

Cops pulled me out to harass me too even though I was not involved and my name was not mentioned. They didn't want to hear what I had to say... but screw them. They had no right to harass me, but felt compelled to anyway. Guess AC and JC think that the more harassment they sick on me, the quicker I will run with my tail tucked between my legs. WRONG folks... bring it on!

Anyway, the sale was again a fiasco. The new buyers will be running tests and preg checking the 3 year old mares they rode through the sale ring to see if they are bred.

I also wonder if Jackson County taxpayers know that AC and undercover cops are getting paid overtime to work outside of Jackson County???

No comments: