Friday, May 16, 2008

Kudos, Judge Wilson.

This brought tears to my eyes.

Judge: Horse forfeiture was improper
Posted by Holly Klaft
May 16, 2008 17:01 PM
Categories: Breaking News

The forfeiture of 69 horses in an animal cruelty case was improper, a judge ruled today.

Circuit Judge Thomas Wilson made the ruling in the case that involved two Grass Lake horsemen who were recently cleared of felony torture charges.

County prosecutors say they plan to appeal.


I don't regret an ounce of effort that I have put into this campaign. I have known since I saw the first pictures come back from the first auction, since I felt the ribs of those parasite-infested foals, that I was absolutely positively doing the right thing.

Jackson County should be forced to pay back not only the real value of each and every horse that they confiscated but lost income and personal suffering at being labeled animal torturers and knowing that your beloved horses were mismanaged by Jackson County and sold to unknown fates.

Can you put a value on a reputation? Can you put a price tag on an animal you raised since birth?

No comments: